In recent years, Dóchas has hosted AGM conferences on various topical themes:
- 2015: "Seek to innovate - Prepare for change". The importance of creativity in a new era for global development. Read an overview of the discussions at the conference here..
- 2014: "Protecting Public Trust - Preparing the NGO sector for changing times": focus was placed on the importance of regulation, transparency and accountability and on recent initiatives to help NGOs re-think their public engagement strategies in the face of evidence of shifting public attitudes.
- 2013: “Transparency In Action” aimed specifically at an NGO audience, this conference was attended by some 60 NGO representatives interested in tools to enhance NGO reporting methodologies.
- 2012: “Creatively Communicating Complex Ideas About Development”. Attended by the Minister of State for Development and some 95 senior representatives from Irish Aid, NGOs and communications companies.
- 2011: “Guaranteed Irish”, targeted a more specific NGO audience, and examined changing roles of NGOs. The conference was attended by 75 sector leaders and academics.
- 2010: “New Voices in Development". This conference, attended by the Minister of State for Development and some 120 representatives from NGOs, corporates and academia, was aimed at many of the initiatives outside the Development NGO sector.