The Internships and Volunteer Posts section is part of Dóchas Wednesday News, which also includes job openings, volunteer posts and sector courses, seminars and events. Please use the menu links on the right, or below if on a mobile device, to navigate through the different sections.
UCDVO is looking to recruit Team Coordinators for our Volunteering and Global Citizenship Programme. Beginning in January, the programme includes development education activities, leadership training, project planning and 4 weeks virtual volunteering with one of our partners in India or Uganda. Come along to one of our online info sessions taking place:
- Evening session - Thurs 22 October 6-7pm
- Lunchtime session - Wed 28 October 1-2pm
United Nations Volunteers (UNV), the United Nations (UN) organization that promotes volunteerism as a means of achieving peace and development, is calling for applications to the UN Youth Volunteer programme. With support from Irish Aid, UNV will deploy 2 UN Volunteers in December/January, as well as 11 UN Youth Volunteers in February/March 2021 to the following assignments. Closing date: 1 November.
- Co - Ordinator of UNRWA Youth Volunteer Programme - Palestine - UNRWA
- Junior Programme Officer Gender Equality in Ethnic Minority - Vietnam - UN Women
- Humanitarian Affairs Officer - Ethiopia - UNOCHA
- Migration Policy, Border Management and Trade Associate - Zambia - IOM
- GEWE Youth Advocate - Gabon - UNRCO
- Associate Officer - Gender & Youth - Guinea Bissau - WHO
- Youth Programme Assistant - Nigeria -UN Women
- Data Information Officer - Sierra Leone - RCO
- Gender Equality Focal Point - Senegal - UNDP
- Education Officer - Guinea Bissau - UNICEF
- Project Analyst in Security Sector Reform, Peace & Development - Congo DRC - UNMAS/UNOPS
UN Volunteer (specialist) assignment:
- Human Resources Officer - Burkina Faso - UNDP
- Access to Social Services - South Sudan – UNOCHA
- Programme Support Officer – Kenya - UNDP
- Rule of Law Officer – Liberia – UNDP
- Speech Writer/Editor – Nigeria – RCO
Voluntary Service International (VSI) is the Irish branch of Service Civil International (SCI), a worldwide peace movement that began in 1920 in the aftermath of the First World War. We work to promote peace, social justice, sustainable development and intercultural understanding through volunteering activities internationally and in Ireland and through non-formal educational activities. We are now welcoming applications for the following EU-funded European Solidarity Corps volunteer roles, both based in our office in Dublin city centre: Programme Officer and Communications & Marketing Officer. We are looking for two volunteers (aged 18-30) to join our team from November 2020 for a period of 12 months. Find out more.