23 april 2015
- Amnesty International: “ Europe’s sinking shame: The failure to save refugees and migrants at sea” Amnesty’s Executive Director says “It is quite clear that ending Italy’s Mare Nostrum operation has cost lives and will continue to do so unless Europe takes urgent action.”
- Save the Children: Shipwreck: Europe Cannot Stand By and Watch — Too Many Children Are Caught Up in this Dangerous Exodus
- Save the Children is urging EU leaders to convene crisis talks in the next 48 hours at leader level to restart the search and rescue operation that ended late last year, following today's report of another mass drowning in the Mediterranean.
- MSF: “Words of concern, walls of deterrence: refugees pushed out to sea”. MSF has launched a search and rescue operation in the Mediterranean as the EU decision to close land and air borders leaves refugees with no option but to cross the sea.
- Solidar: In “Together for Social Europe”, Solidar calls on EU Heads of State and Government to immediately implement actions to end the ongoing humanitarian crisis.
- Terre des homes: “Mediterranean migrants hecatomb is feared”
- World Vision International: “European migrant crisis: Swallowed by the waves on our doorstep”. World Vision calls upon the EU to fundamentally change its direction and its policies in the face of this ongoing humanitarian tragedy.
- CONCORD: http://www.concordeurope.org/news-room/item/425-european-ngos-urge-end-to-fortress-europe-approach-to-migration
- DÓCHAS: http://dochas.ie/news/policy-discourage-refugees-bound-fail-and-lead-further-loss-life-irish-ngos-respond-meeting-eu