Our members have a vision of how society could be, and they work to create a world where justice, equality, solidarity and respect for human rights are the norm.
Our work as Dóchas is driven by this vision and a belief that our support for people and organisations in developing countries can bring about real and positive change.
Dóchas is a network. A meeting place of organisations committed to tackling poverty and inequality around the world.
Dóchas members have chosen to work together, because they share a commitment to these core principles behind their work:
- Putting people at the heart of development;
- Learning, evolving and changing by sharing experiences and expertise;
- Encouraging everyone to believe they can be an agent of change;
- Working together, in different but complementary ways, towards common goals;
- Setting - and applying - standards of accountability and integrity;
- Increasing impact by advocating for structural change;
- Putting local challenges in a global context.
Read more about us, our members and the way we are organised by clicking on the links in the menu on the right of this page.