Food security, Livelihoods and Nutrition Working Group Background
The Dóchas Livelihoods, Food & Nutrition Security Working Group offers a forum for Irish NGOs and other civil society stakeholders working on related issues. The group aims to build on the expertise of its members and their strategic partnerships with Irish civil society and with Southern organisations and networks. Group meetings provide a space for members to reflect on issues pertaining to their work in the sector. The group ultimately wants to strengthen the effectiveness of Irish actors to support resilience in livelihoods, food and nutrition security.
- To promote the links between research, policy development and practice;
- To enhance technical sharing in Ireland to enhance programming at the grassroots level;
- To influence policy change in Ireland, and in Europe and Worldwide through engagement with Irish representatives and others as opportunity arises.
Publications and other work
- Terms of reference
- Models of agricultural investment
- Food security communications toolkit
- NGOs welcome Irish Aid focus on world hunger crisis
- A new Green Revolution for Africa - Dóchas Forum Report
- Consultation Paper on Climate Smart Agriculture
For further resources on Livelihoods, Nutrition and Food Security, visit our Knowledge Hub.