2015 is a year of great importance for “international development”:
Two major UN conferences will determine the priorities for “sustainable development” in both rich and poor countries (SDG summit in September, Climate Change summit in December; combined with a summit on Financing for Development in July).
During the year, we will encourage people to think of themselves as “change makers”, in the context of the European Year for Development 2015.
In addition, during the year, Dóchas hopes to agree a new multi-annual strategy for the network, to help focus and strengthen the way in which Irish Development organisations work together.
As a network of NGOs and organisations working for a better world, and as an organisation with ambitions to set an example through the standards we set for ourselves, we constantly assess our own performance and our ways of working.
But we also know that the world around us is changing fast, and that what worked yesterday may not be effective again tomorrow.
We want to invite you to share your thoughts on what Irish NGOs should do to stay relevant and effective. Please contact us via email or telephone, or leave a comment on our social media.
Your ideas do count! Share them with us.
- Speech by President Michael D. Higgins At the Irish Launch of the European Year of Development (Dublin Castle, 22 January 2015)
- NGOs - do they help?
- "Plotting the Course" (Dóchas 2014)
- Making the Choices for the 21st Century
- Open Letter to International NGOs (August 2014)
- "Changing INGO business models" (November 2014)
- "Put People Power back at the heart of citizen action" (October 2014)
- "What the US riots have taught me about poverty and Post-2015" (October 2014)
- "9 Ways to (get people involved in) changing the world" (October 2014)
- "Riding the wave - how to prepare for disruptive change" (November 2013)
- "Can International civil society organisations be nimble? (June 2013)
- "Riding the Wave" - Preparing INGOs for change (PDF, Civil Society Centre, 2013)
Also have a look at:
- Dóchas' Theory of Change
- Dóchas' Strategic Framework 2009-2015
- "Guaranteed Irish?" - What do Irish NGOs bring to international development? (2011)
- "Sink Or Swim" (Dóchas discussion document from 2008)